Forsaken Dreams

Forsaken Dreams - MaryLu Tyndall, M.L. Tyndall I really loved this book. I haven't read many historical fiction books, but I stumbled upon this one, and am so glad I did! This is by far on of my favorite books to read! Being a Christian, I am more comfortable reading a book written with Christian morals and by Christian authors, but like movies, I have read many books that go too far, making them boring and fake. Not this one! I read it in one day, gobbling up every page! I could relate to the characters, and when they suffered I felt their pain, when they rejoiced I joined them! It was a joy to read, and the only thing I hated was when I came to the last page, I had to leave them, though I plan to get my hands on the next book as soon as I can! A must read for anyone looking for a good Christian book that is not only good at guiding you to God, but also showing you how people can heal and help each other. Beautifully written, great plot, smooth flow of events, and realistic characters! Can't wait to read more of MaryLu Tyndall's works. I'm so glad I had the pleasure to read this one. You won't be disappointed! Word of caution, I does talk about slavery, and many of the characters support it, but as the story goes on, some start to realize that color isn't something that should matter. I am against slavery, but being a story about Rebels from the South trying to escape Yankee Union rule after loosing the Civil War, it only fits that they think that way. It's how they were raised and taught, and any human should know it's not easy to change over night, and pain and anger also take time to heal. Please bear this in mind while reading.