The Neverland Wars

The Neverland Wars - Audrey Greathouse **I received free copy from YA Bound Book Tours in exchange for an honest review**

WHAT?! OK, so I was all set to give this a good review. Although it was slow, and there were many of the things wrong that were wrong with the original "Redskins" 'Growing up is bad' etc... I could live with that, but no! She had to throw underage drinking, sex references, cursing, and implied drug use in at the end! OK so I get other YA books have those too, but it's a low blow to throw them in without any warning, and to stick them at the very end.

I loved the writing style, and hate that it was wasted, but for most of the book I was bored to tears, and then there was Gwen who couldn't decide if she wanted to be 16 or 11! Still for the writing style alone, and the fact that I don't see as many Peter Pan re-tellings as some of the other stories, I would have considered a 3 star rating, but that last 10% killed it.

I wish I would have been able to enjoy this, but that was too much. Still I thank you for the chance to read ^.^ Maybe next time will be better.